Wednesday, February 2, 2011

BOOK REVIEW: Whisper a Scream, by Pete Turner. SCARY!


Whisper a Scream, by Pete Turner

5/5 bunnies

Solomon Noche is a nice guy, a good guy, but he has his share of baggage. Suffering the worst kind of grief since the death of his wife and kids two years earlier, Sol finds himself in a sort of half-life; not really giving anything 100% of his attention. When he literally stumbles into a hole that reveals to him the demonic past of his adopted town, Sol is forced to awaken and struggle—not only for his own soul, but for those of the entire town.

That was my attempt at a synopsis. Now, let’s get down to the review.

Pete Turner scared me. No, I mean, like Stephen King scares me. This novel is Christian Horror storytelling at its finest. The first fifteen pages (or 8% on my Kindle) had me wondering if I shouldn’t read this during the day. I guess I’m trying to say that Pete knows horror writing, and has crafted a story with that genre’s feel and mood with biblical demonic elements. I kept thinking of Frank Peretti and Stephen King as I read this book. Creepy (like King), but with deeper meaning (like Peretti).

Pete Turner promises a sequel in the near future and you can bet I’ll be first in line for my copy.

Read with the light on, and it wouldn’t hurt to have your Bible handy.

Ellen C Maze
Author of the #1 Customer-Ranked Horror novel on Amazon Kindle, “Rabbit: Chasing Beth Rider”

No comments:

Post a Comment