Sunday, June 5, 2011

BOOK REVIEW: Bell Mountain AN ADVENTURE TO SAVE THE WORLD


Hey everyone! I want to share with you a children's adventure novel I recently finished. Below if my official review, but between friends on this blog, I wanted to add that I loved this book and read it in one sitting. I never guessed what would happen next, and by the end, I found that I cried for reasons not readily known. I was joyful and happy and I didn't want the book to end. Now, with my emotional blubbering out of the way, here's my review. *still smiling*...

Bell Mountain by Lee Duigon

Jack and Ellayne live in a time when the Old Books have been forgotten and New Books, filled with exaggerations and replacement stories, have become the new Scriptures. People, wealthy and poor, for the most part have forgotten who God is and when they pray, rarely do they expect an answer. In this atmosphere, set in an alternate but ancient-earthlike reality, two children embark on an impossible mission to follow the pull of God in their hearts, to fulfill a mission more important than any other of their time.

But that’s just the grown-up stuff.

This is an adventure tale. Fantastical animals, perilous journeys, human friends and foes all combine to take the reader on an extraordinary and heroic quest. Never did the telling confuse, and never did the action lag. The characters are constructed of solid stuff, making them as three-dimensional as in any bestselling adult fiction novel, yet this story would appeal to children of all ages: eight to eighty, and everywhere in between.

Anyone who enjoys adventure will enjoy this trip up Bell Mountain with Jack and Ellayne. I am aware of the second book and will be chomping that down soon.

Recommended—5 stars. Enjoy your trip! I know I did.


Ellen C Maze, Author Rabbit: Chasing Beth Rider

No comments:

Post a Comment